Cranberry Salsa

Last Christmas I went to a party where this was served and couldn't stop eating it all night!  I asked my friend Bobbi for the recipe, and just got it in my Christmas card from her this year.  I was so excited!  I made it last night for our family progressive dinner.  It is so different, but was really universally liked.  It has a wonderful flavor that is not too strong.  Give it a try this holiday season.  It looks so festive!

Cranberry Salsa

From my friend Bobbi


12-oz bag of fresh cranberries – washed and picked over to remove any mushy ones

¾ c sugar

1 medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped

One green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces

2 TBSP fresh cilantro

¼ tsp cumin



Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Refrigerate for several hours before serving. 

Serve over 2 8-oz pkgs. of cream cheese with pita chips or wheat thins.

Comments