Grilled Shrimp

I love love LOVE grilled shrimp!  I have been on a grilled shrimp roll lately, having it for Sunday dinner probably 4 out of the last 6 weeks!  I have struggled finding a good place to buy shrimp (being I'm in Utah) and have found that frozen shrimp is just great and I bought mine at Costco - raw, deveined and peeled with the tails on.  I buy the size 31-40 per pound.  I put the frozen shrimp in a ziploc bag the night before and stick them in the fridge and they are  thawed and ready to go the next day.  I have used metal and wood skewers, and I think I like the wooden ones best.  You can soak them in water for an hour before to help them not to burn, but I forgot to do that yesterday and I just filled the skewers right to the ends and they did just fine.  Enjoy!!


Grilled Shrimp
adapted from Todd Wilbur at food.com

Seasoning:
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 dash ground allspice
20 medium shrimp (31-40 per lb), thawed if frozen
3 tablespoons melted butter

Thread the thawed shrimp onto wooden skewers and brush melted butter over one side of the shrimp.  Sprinkle lightly with the seasoning.  Place skewers seasoned side down onto hot grill and then brush the other side with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoning.  Cook until pink and char marks are golden brown.  Flip and cook until done (about 3 minutes per side).  

Comments

Unknown said…

I can see how healthy those foods, this is just perfect foods.thankyou for shearing this information with us!chowringhee