Stroganoff Sandwich

This is a fun and easy dinner that we have had for years. It is from my good friend Debbie. This is the sandwich ready to go in the oven.

This is the finished product. The recipe calls for green peppers, but my husband can't eat them, so I leave them out, but they are very good on here.

Stroganoff Sandwich


1 loaf unsliced french bread
1 lb ground beef
1/4 chopped green onion
1 c sour cream
1 TBSP milk
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/8 tsp garlic salt
3/4 tsp salt
2 tomatoes, sliced or diced
1 green pepper, sliced or diced
1/2 c shredded cheese


Cut loaf in half lengthwise. Brown meat and onion. Drain off fat. Stir in sour cream, milk, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic salt and salt. Do not boil. Spread each loaf with 1/2 of the meat mixture. Arrange tomatoes and green pepper slices (or pieces) on top of meat. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees fro 5-10 minutes or until warmed thoroughly.

Comments

Melinda said…
I love this. We use Provolone cheese. Yum.
Judy and KC said…
Great idea - I'm going to try that next time -I love Provolone!!!
Okay, one time on Jordans birthday he asked for this as his favorite dinner! This is a good one and has been in the fam for ever...Love your blog! Donna (Not Brooke) I am just signed in under her...