White Bean Chili

This recipe comes from my friend Bobbi, who has since moved from our neighborhood, but her legend lives on with her white bean chili. We used to have potluck luncheons to celebrate the birthdays of women in our cul-de-sac. She brought this and it was a big hit! Very easy and VERY GOOD!!!

White Bean Chili 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 cans chicken broth 2 cloves garlic minced 1 c chopped onion 1 4-oz can diced green chilies 2 16-oz cans northern white beans (undrained) 1 tsp cumin ¼ tsp basil ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp salt Ground black pepper to taste Tortilla chips Grated cheese Cook chicken in broth with onions and garlic, remove chicken and chop into bite sized pieces. Return to pot and add chilies, beans and seasonings. Simmer 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese.

Comments

Cindy said…
Mmmm... I love this one! This is one of my favorite meals to make because it is so easy and sooo good. Try adding a little sour cream, tomato, and cilantro! So good!
I Am Karen said…
I made this last night and learned a lesson: Use quality chicken. I used Western Family frozen chicken breasts (usually I use the Foster Farms or Kirkland brands from Costco) and they ruined the recipe. I look forward to making it soon with good chicken!