Fresh Peach Cobbler

This is a recipe my mom used to make when I was growing up.  I made it for my family, and now, both my daughters have made this same recipe for their families!  It has the most heavenly aroma that just screams Fall to me!  I SO love this!

Fresh Peach Cobbler
from the Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1969 version!)

1/2 c sugar
1 TBSP cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 c sliced fresh peaches (peeled)
1 tsp lemon juice

1 c flour
1 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 TBSP shortening
1/2 c milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Blend 1/2 c sugar, cornstarch and the cinnamon in medium saucepan.  Stir in peaches and lemon juice.  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.  Keep fruit mixture hot in oven while preparing biscuit topping.

Measure flour, 1 TBSP sugar, the baking powder and salt into bowl.  Add shortening and milk.  Cut through shortening 6 times; mix until dough forms a ball.  Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.  Serve warm and, if desired, with cream.

6 servings

Comments