Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo


I have been trying new recipes, but haven't loved any of them enough to put them on my blog.  This one, my husband and I decided, was blog worthy!  It is a very healthy version of Chicken Alfredo - using Greek yogurt, chicken broth and skim milk to make the sauce.  I used the easy way and bought a deli chicken instead of grilling it, and I steamed my broccoli instead of roasting it.  It was very good, but now I want to try it her way - I'm sure it has a richer flavor.  Very yummy and easy!!  We will be having this again for sure!


Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
from Courtney Horan

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
2 cups roasted broccoli florets
8 oz. fettuccine
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
2 TBSP flour
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 c plain 0% greek yogurt
1/4 c skim milk
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg
3/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

In a pot of boiling, slated water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1-2 minutes.

Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, Milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan. Add salt to taste.

Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired.

Comments

Denée Tyler said…
This sounds yummy. I might try it without the fettucini--I don't really like pasta--and add more broccoli. My family is very spoiled and only likes roasted broccoli now. I don't find that it takes much longer than steaming it.