We love grilling anything on a cedar plank! The yummy smokey flavor is unbeatable and the meat cooks up so moist and juicy - without burning and without having to flip the meat over. We wanted to cook some salmon for our Sunday dinner and I found a yummy rub that was delicious!! It has smoked paprika - which gives everything a smokey flavor. This, added with the smoke of the cedar plank, makes it SOOO good and it was SO easy!!
The salmon was moist and flavorful
This is a picture of the salmon cooking on the plank. You can see how the brown sugar melted into a yummy glaze
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
from Kristen at Simple Bites
one 2 lb salmon filet, skin removed (I bought mine from Costco - skin is already removed)
1 cedar plank, pre-soaked in water (about 4 hours) (I also buy these at Costco - they come in a pack of 6, but I have heard that you can also just go to a lumber yard and buy untreated cedar planks and cut them!)
1/2 c brown sugar
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP dried Italian seasoning
1 Tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1.Preheat gas grill
2. Place the pre-soaked cedar plank on the grill grate for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, combine brown sugar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika and Kosher salt in a small bowl.
4. Rub the mixture over the top of the salmon filet (the side the skin was not on)
5. Place the prepared salmon onto the cedar plank, what would have been the skin side down.
6. Grill for 30 minutes, or until salmon turns light pink in color and is flaky. (My salmon was thinner and cooked in about 8-10 minutes, so watch carefully - you don't want to overcook it)