Grilled Rib-eye Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Honey-mustard Dressing

I saw a show on BYU TV called the Food Nanny and she helped a young couple who were very busy - find a healthy dinner option that is quick and easy (it takes about 15-20 minutes!).  I wanted to try it.  I couldn't find the exact recipe, so I sort-of made this up from what I remembered and what sounded good to me.  It was WONDERFUL!  My husband said that it was one his favorite dinners that we have had this summer.  It was a perfect dinner-salad, and the dressing recipe is from Alton Brown and is very low fat and delicious. We will be having this once a week until our cherry tomatoes freeze I think!


Grilled Rib-eye Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Honey-Mustard Dressing
adapted from the Food Nanny and Alton Brown

1 rib-eye steak
1 bag of Leafy Romane Salad greens
1 handful of cherry or grape tomatoes (cut in half)
1/3 c sliced almonds - toasted in a dry frying pan until golden brown, then cooled
1 avocado cut into cubes
Gorgonzola cheese crumbles (it is similar to blue-cheese) - optional

Honey-Mustard Dressing (notice - no oil!)

5 TBSP honey
3 TBSP smooth Dijon mustard
2 TBSP rice wine vinegar

Whisk ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Salt and pepper the steak and grill until still slightly pink in the middle.  After flipping the steak the first time, sprinkle crumbled Gorgonzola cheese on top and let melt into ooey- yummy goodness (this step is optional if you are not a fan - but I highly recommend it!)  Let the steak rest about 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.

Mix the salad greens, tomatoes, toasted almonds and avocados pieces together.  Put onto plates and top with pieces of the sliced steak.  You can also add more crumbled Gorgonzola if you would like (we did).  Drizzle the honey-mustard dressing over the top and enjoy!



Comments

Melinda said…
I want this right now!