These are a Few of my Favorite Things

I have decided to share a few of my favorite things in the kitchen.  I am not advertising for anyone, just telling you what I have found that I REALLY like and can't do without!  Let me know if you have anything that you can't live without in the kitchen - I would love to have you share -  Thanks!

This first one is from IKEA.  It is a hard plastic stirring spatula.  I love that it can handle high heat without melting, it doesn't scratch any pans, and it has this ingenious little ledge so it can sit on the side of the pan and not slip in!  I used to love my soft plastic spatulas that don't melt, but this is now my utensil of choice if it is clean.  It is only $4.99!  I have bought them for many people and they have all loved it too.  I can't do without it.  I highly recommend it!

This second item is from Pampered Chef and is a small curved whisk called the "Mini Whipper" that is perfect for getting to the edges in a round pan where a normal whisk can't reach.  Love it!   It is only $4.00.

This item is a strawberry slicer that my daughter gave me last year.  It is from Williams-Sonoma and it makes slicing strawberries a snap!  You just cut the top off the strawberry, lay it in the opening and push the handles together - voila - beautiful even-sliced strawberries in 1 second!  It is $14.95.

These last two are also from Williams-Sonoma.  They are rubs for meat.  My son and his wife gave these to us a few years ago and we have kept buying them because we LOVE them!  They are so simple and add SO much flavor to any meat or fish.  I love the Chili-lime rub on tilapia, and I love the Smoke House rub on pork chops or any beef.  It has a great real smoke flavor.  They are $10.00 each - and they last a long time because you only need a little of the rub to make a great tasting piece of meat!  Put the rub on the meat and let it sit for a few hours in the fridge - really good!

So these are a few of my favorite things.  I hope you enjoy trying them.  Please let me know if you have any favs that I need to know about!

Comments

Jenny said…
I think I need a few of those now! What about your awesome peeler? :)
Melinda DeBirk said…
Those rubs sound amazing!