Chex Lemon Buddies

My friend Tirzah made these for her kids on the first day of school this week and posted about them on Facebook.  I am a sucker for ANYTHING lemon, so I gave them a try today since I had a box of Rice Chex that needed to be used, and many packages of white chocolate chips in food storage.  These were quick and easy and my husband and I loved how fresh and yummy they were!  I think I will make some of this to take on our upcoming trip for snacking!  YUMMMY!!!
Chex Lemon Buddies
from the Chex Cereal Web Site

9 c Rice Chex cereal
1 1/4 c white vanilla baking chips
1/4 c butter or margarine
4 tsp grated lemon peel (zest)
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 c powdered sugar

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal, set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on High 1 minute, stir.  Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.  Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.  Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. 
3. Add powdered sugar.  Seal bag, gently shake until well coated.  Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.  Store in airtight container.

Comments

Melinda said…
I saw this, too, on Tirzah's Facebook page and I feel the same way as you about anything lemon. I am just waiting for an occasion to make this!