Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas

While I was gone out of town recently, my husband went to a neighborhood pot-luck dinner.  He RAVED about these chicken enchiladas.  When I got home, several times that week he asked if I had gotten the recipe from Mary yet.  I don't think I have ever seen him more excited about getting a recipe!  We had them tonight and they are really yummy and SOOO easy!  Thanks Mary.




Only 5 ingredients - how simple is that!!

Put some shredded chicken and grated Colby-Jack cheese on each tortilla and roll up.


Cover the rolled up tortillas with the sauce and bake.  Add cheese half way through.

Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas

about 2 c shredded cooked chicken (I used Costco's rotisserie chicken, Mary used 2 cans of canned chicken)
8 oz shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1 16 oz. bottle of Mild Salsa Verde
1 c ranch dressing
7-8 flour tortillas

Spray a 9X13 pan with PAM.  Mix the salsa and ranch together in a small bowl.  Spoon a few spoonfuls into the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover the bottom.  Set the rest aside.  Fill each tortilla with chicken and cheese and roll, (reserving about 1/2 c of the cheese).   Place the filled tortillas into the pan - seam side down.  Pour the salsa/ranch mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, adding the remaining cheese on top half way through the cooking process.


Comments

Jamie said…
My mom made these tonight. Very tasty! Thanks for sharing, they will certainly be made again.
Denée Tyler said…
I made these tonight, and they turned out fantastic. Caleb said it was one of the best dinners I've ever made. I did use whole wheat tortillas, and served it with a side of Mexican rice and beans. Thanks for the recipe, Mary and Judy!