Cranberry Fluff

Recently I was at lunch with some women, and we were sharing Thanksgiving recipe favorites.  One of them told us that her all time favorite was a thing called Cranberry Fluff.  I love cranberry anything, so I had her call me with the recipe.  I gave it a try tonight, as a Thanksgiving pre-trial.  I had looked on the Internet and found a recipe for Cranberry Fluff from Taste of Home that was exactly the same as hers, only double the amount of fresh cranberries.  I tried that one.  It was really good-not too sweet, very refreshing - and really tart!  I think I will try using my friend's version with half the cranberries for Thanksgiving, because, while my husband and I loved it, I don't know if the grand kids would like it that tart.   It is a fun and different way to do cranberries at Thanksgiving.  I really liked it!!! 

If you have a food processor, it's a snap to finely chop the cranberries.


In my friend's recipe, it said to grind the cranberries.  I guess if you have a way to grind them - it would be great!

Cranberry Fluff
Taste of Home

4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (my friend's recipe called for 2 cups) -Note:  after trying the 2 cups at Thanksgiving - WAY better!  I highly reccomend it!

3 cups miniature marshmallows

3/4 cup sugar

2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples

1/2 cup halved green grapes

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Directions

Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add marshmallows and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, stir in the apples, grapes, nuts and salt. Fold in whipped cream. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Comments