Easy Baked Beans

This recipe is one that I have made since we were newlyweds. It is a great tasting and very easy way to make baked beans. We enjoyed them at our Memorial Day BBQ in the back yard. Hooray for Summer!!! Easy Baked Beans
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

4 slices of bacon - cut up into small pieces and cooked until crispy. Move cooked bacon to a paper towel and pour off all but 2 TBSP of the grease.

Fry 1/2 c chopped onion in the fat until tender

In 2 qt baking dish, add the cooked bacon and onion to:

2 15-oz cans pork and beans in tomato sauce (I like Van Camp's Pork and Beans)
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp mustard

Mix well, cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

Comments

Aubrey said…
Love that picture! It totally says 'summer'. I really did love these and I don't love baked beans, so now I want to make them for my mom, cause she does love baked beans and I bet she'd love this. Thanks again for a fun Memorial Day!