Chocolate Banana Cake

This recipe is from my good friend Debbie. She always makes the best food! I think this recipe is my all-time favorite cake. I love it because the cake is dense and moist and the frosting is light and not too sweet. The mix of banana and chocolate is SOOO good!

 




Chocolate Banana Cake
1 devils food cake mix
1 c mashed ripe bananas
1/3 c water
1 c sour cream (I use light)
2 eggs
Mix all together on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and mix on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round pans or 1 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans (if using the round ones). Let cool completely before frosting.
Frosting
1 small pkg instant banana cream pudding
1 c cold milk
12 oz cool whip topping -if doing the layered cake, or if doing a 9x13 pan-use an 8 oz size
Mix pudding and milk together until thick-about 2 minutes. Fold in the cool whip. Put on cake and refrigerate.

Comments

Rach said…
Hi! My name is Rachel. I'm a LDS Mom that would love to feature you on my website (kangaroomoms.com). I was hoping I could feature your coconut macaroons recipe. I would put up a link to your blog and hopefully it would get you some more exposure. Please email me if your interested. (rachel@kangaroomoms.com)

Thanks!