Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Luscious Bundt Cake with Lemon Sour Cream Sauce

My daughter made this cake for my birthday this past year and we all loved it! It is very moist and I love the lemon sour cream sauce. We made it for Valentine's day, topped with fresh strawberries.

Luscious Bundt Cake with Lemon Sour Cream Sauce

1 yellow cake mix
1 small (3oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. vegetable oil

1 recipe Lemon Sour Cream Sauce (see below)
Fresh strawberries or raspberries

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except sauce and fruit and mix well. Pour into a greased Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. Serve topped with Lemon Sour Cream Sauce and fresh strawberries or raspberries. Makes about 10 servings.

Lemon Sour Cream Sauce

2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
Juice from 1 lemon
1 c. powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Dollop on individual pieces of Luscious Bunt Cake.

5 comments:

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Aunt Judy,

Where have I been! This is the best blog I have ever been to! I love all of the recipes and I'm so excited to start trying all of them. I will definitely tell all of my friends about it! It's a good thing Grandma Shaw told me all about it. I'm hooked!

Love you!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Okay, even though it says I'm Brooke, I just forgot my own password, but not hers. I am so excited to have this one. That was so delicious, and I sure did enjoy being with you all. Just nothing like family to hang with. Love you, Donna

Kev and Aubs Shaw said...

Love this! When I can have citrus again, this is on my list of firsts. I totally forgot about this. Yet another thing I was deprived of with a mom that hates lemon :)

Christine M said...

This was a big hit at my dinner get-together last weekend. Thanks for making me look good!

Melinda said...

Definitely the best food blog out there! This looks like a great Easter dinner dessert.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...