Chicken and Rice Almondine

This dinner is one of my oldest son's favorites! It is a fun mix of flavors and goes together very easily.

Very few ingredients.


Browning the almonds in butter.

Cut up two chicken breasts into pieces.

This is right before I stirred in the sour cream.





Chicken and Rice Almondine
From Land ‘O Lakes Serves 4

2 TBSP garlic butter (I haven't tried garlic butter, but I think it would be good because the garlic tends to burn easily. I just use butter and garlic powder.)
¼ c sliced almonds
12 oz chicken breast cut into pieces (abt. 2 breasts)
1 ¾ c water
1 (6 oz) box rice pilaf mix
1 ½ c frozen French cut green beans
½ c sour cream ( I use light)

Melt garlic butter in 10” skillet until sizzling; add almonds. Cook over medium heat until browned. Remove almonds and set aside. Increase heat to Med./High. Add chicken pieces to same pan. Cook until lightly browned. Stir in water and rice with seasoning packet. Continue cooking until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 5 min. Uncover; stir in green beans. Cover. Continue cooking until liquid is absorbed. Stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.

Comments

Melinda said…
Mmm. I think even Joel would like this!