Corn Bread

I have tried many recipes for corn bread, and my biggest challenge is that the bread is so crumbly that you can hardly eat it without it falling all over your lap! This reacipe is very cake-like and holds together very well. I really liked it!

Cornbread
Adapted from My Kitchen Café (www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com)

½ c cornmeal
1 ½ c flour
2/3 c sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I like a little more)
1/3 c oil
3 TBSP butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ c milk

Whisk dry ingredients together and make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, mix oil, butter, eggs and milk together. Pour into the well of dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny-don’t be alarmed!) Bake in an 8” square pan -lightly greased - at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13 pan.

Comments