Guacamole (Healthy Style)

Years ago, my niece's husband - Trevor- returned from serving a mission in Mexico and came back with this wonderful recipe for guacamole. I ate SO much of it the first time I had it. I have made it many times since. I like it because everything in it is healthy - and oh so delicious! The lime juice makes it taste very fresh.

Guacamole
5 ripe avocados
juice of 2 large limes
3/4 of a white onion finely chopped
3/4 - 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
1 - 2 tsp salt (to taste)
1 large tomato chopped (or a handful of grape tomatoes chopped)
I chop the onion and cilantro together in my food processor. Mash the avocados and add the lime juice. Stir in the other ingredients and adjust to your taste. (The lime juice keeps the avocado from turning brown) Serve with tortilla chips.

Comments

Nicole said…
Aunt Judy,

I would love to feature you recipes and website on my blog (www.keepinthecastle.blogspot.com)! There are so many treasures on this website and I would love to share them with my friends. If you want to email me some pictures and your favorite recipes, then I can get started on the post. I think I'm open for the post the third or fourth week in January. Let me know what you think!
Love you and can't wait to see you! We are planning on coming for the Shaw party so pray for good roads, I'll die if we can't come again! We'd have to wait another 2 years again! It's been way to long!
nicoleshaw.gneiting@gmail.com