Chicken Tortilla Soup

I was looking through my recipes for a good soup to have at our family Halloween party, and came across this recipe from my niece Jessie. She had served it at a shower several years ago. I tried it for dinner tonight and LOVED it! Oh my goodness it is good! Very easy too. I will definitely be serving this at the party this weekend. Thanks Jessie!!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 c. frozen corn
1 c. diced red onion
1 - 14.5 oz can diced peeled tomatoes
2 c. cubed cooked chicken (I used a Costco rotisserie chicken )
1/8 c. diced fresh Anaheim chili pepper (about ½ of 1 chili)
2 quarts chicken broth ( I used 4 cans)

Simmer 20-40 minutes.

Right before serving, add:
The juice of 3 limes

Serve with avocados, tortilla chips and cheese

Comments

Kelly said…
Judy,

Launette and I just found your blog and it rocks. Launette has the link and I am sure she will now try every item you have on the web.

Thanks,

Kelly