Cheesy Cauliflower (or as my grandkids call it "Cheesy Brain")

For me, this is a comfort food from my childhood. I can remember my grandma and my mom both making this for Sunday dinner. Whenever I got to choose my birthday dinner menu, it always included cheesy cauliflower. My kids and even their spouses and children like it! My grandkids call it "cheesy brain" because it looks like a brain. Trim and wash a head of cauliflower. Cook the cauliflower for about 20 minutes, or until it is tender when poked with a fork. I like to steam mine.

In a separate small pan, melt:
2 TBSP butter
add 2 TBSP flour and cook until bubbly.
Add 1 cup milk and stir until it comes to a boil and is thick.
Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of dry mustard or a squirt of yellow mustard
Add 4-5 slices of Velveeta (I use the 2% milk Velveeta)
Stir until melted and pour over the cooked cauliflower. My grandma always sprinkled a little paprika on top to make it look fancy - so I do it too!

Comments

Tiffany said…
I have some leftover velveeta from another meal this is perfect! thanks!
Can we have this when we come out? Mike is not a fan so I only get it at your house! Yum!
Melinda said…
Cauliflower with cheese sauce is our family's favorite vegetable. We'll have to try this!