Turkey Burgers with Peanut Sauce

When I have tried turkey burgers in the past, I have been disappointed in the bland flavor. This recipe is FULL of flavor! It is also a healthy option. We really like it.
Turkey Burgers with Peanut Sauce adapted from Cooking Light

Sauce: 

2 TBSP peanut butter 
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce 
1 ½ tsp sesame oil 
1 tsp water 
1 tsp rice vinegar 
1 garlic clove, minced

To prepare sauce, combine ingredients and whisk together until smooth. 

 Burgers: 

½ c finely chopped green onions 
1 TBSP chili paste with garlic 
1 tsp grated fresh ginger (I use the bottled kind) 
1 garlic clove, minced 
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce 
¼ tsp salt 
1 lb ground turkey 
Cooking spray 
4 whole-grain 100% whole wheat hamburger buns 
1 c alfalfa or broccoli sprouts

Prepare grill.

To prepare burgers, place onions, chili paste, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, salt and turkey in a food processor and process until coarsely ground. (You could just mix together if you don’t have a processor) Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ½ inch-thick patty.
Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray or oil; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place buns, cut side down, on grill rack: grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with ¼ c sprouts, and about 1 tablespoon sauce, and top half of the bun. 

Yield 4 servings.

Comments

Jenny said…
Those look so tasty! I stole your photo from your heading for my blog today. I hope that's OK!
Katie said…
Aunt Judy this is AWESOME! I can't wait to steal all kinds of your delicious recipes! Love it! :)
Judy! This is an AWESOME Blog! I'm so excited for you! And very happy for me to get all these fabulous recipes! I love the black:D It does make food look so yummy!
Guereca Family said…
Yum! This sounds amazing, I think I'm going to try this!

-Sissa
Judy and KC said…
How fun to hear from all of you! Thanks for letting me know you are out there in the blog world. I didn't think anyone but my children would ever see this.

Sissa - how wonderful to hear from you! How did you ever find this? I hope all is going well for you.
Tan + Es said…
SO GOOD! Thanks for the leftovers :)